Volunteers have been making a difference at NCH Healthcare System for over 60 years.
We offer volunteer opportunities at our two main hospital locations, and several off-site facilities.
Volunteer programs are available for full-time and seasonal residents, and local college students.
NCH volunteers are easily identified by their royal blue uniforms, friendly faces and outstanding service. Look for volunteers throughout our healthcare system, including the main lobbies, waiting rooms, gift shops and courtesy carts, as well as several behind the scenes departments.
Now Accepting Adult Volunteer Applications
We are currently accepting adult volunteer applications for volunteers (18+) to serve in the following roles/departments:
- Arts in healing
- Concierge and guest relations
- Courtesy cart drivers
- Dog visitation
- Emergency department
- Gift shops
- Music practitioners
- Office assistance
- Patient and family waiting areas
- Spiritual care
- Volunteer office
Attention college students:
Before completing an application, please ensure that you meet the college student eligibility requirements. The deadline to serve during the summer months has passed.
College students are eligible to volunteer if:
- Student is enrolled at a local college or university; please apply with collegiate email address.
- Student is a dual enrolled high school student, taking classes at a local college or university; please apply with collegiate email address.
- Student can make a six-month commitment to volunteering; serving one four-hour shift each week.
2022 VolunTeen Program
Get a glimpse into the world of healthcare as an NCH VolunTeen.
NCH offers summer volunteer opportunities to local high school students, ages 16-18.
The 2023 summer VolunTeen application opens in January 2023.