Spiritual care services are provided by a team of trained chaplains representing a variety of religious traditions. Spiritual care services include pastoral visitation, compassionate presence and pastoral support. Chaplains provide spiritual support, compassionate presence, reflective listening, rituals and/or sacraments, as requested. An on-call chaplain is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request spiritual care, a chaplain visit or to contact your local clergy, please call the chaplain at 239-624-2600 or request a chaplain through your T.V. service requests.
Our chapel is located on the second floor NCH Baker Hospital (near the cafeteria) and the first floor at North Collier Hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for prayer, meditation and reflection. Religious literature is available in the chapel.
Clinical Pastoral Education Program
The NCH Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program is an accredited professional education supervised ministry program. The program is accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. and the U.S. Department of Education. The first CPE unit at NCH began in October 1999. The Methodology of the NCH CPE program is to integrate the clinical and experiential practice of ministry.
CPE chaplain students are assigned to clinical units at Downtown Naples NCH Baker Hospital (420 beds) and North Naples NCH Hospital (300 beds). The program requires 400 hours of training, 100 of those are academic and the other 300 is the practice of ministry.
NCH CPE Chaplain Residency
- Dates: October through September
- Stipend: $35,700
- Benefits: Free health insurance for employee starting on day 1
- 5 free meals each month
- Paid time off
- Tuition: $600 for 1st unit; $300 for unit 2 and 3
- $35 application fee
- Prerequisites: 1 unit of ACPE CPE, Bachelor’s degree, Master of Divinity preferred, Ordained or commissioned
NCH Extended CPE Program
- Dates: September – March
- Application due date: August 15
- Selections: made by PAG admissions committee
- Enrollment: minimum of three, not to exceed seven students in each unit
- Dress: business professional, no perfume or cologne, closed toe shoes
- Classes: every Monday: 5:00 p.m.-8:15 p.m., group instruction and three all-day Saturdays
- Clinicals: Each student is required to do 12 hours of clinicals each week, plus one overnight on-call each week
- Fees: application: $35; tuition: $600